Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Saturday ...New Birthday Day Card

Hi All:
Well today I am working on a birthday card for my mom. Her birthday is next week and she will be turning 81 years young.  I am going to post the card here, but please shhhhhhhhh don't tell her I gave away her age. lol.
I thought I would first show you the pieces of the card before I put it together.  In this pic you will see the pink base card cut at 10x7 folded in half to make a 5x7 card.  The the white layer is cut at 4.75 x6.75. to layer slightly smaller then the base card.  Then embossed with swiss dots folder from cuttlebug. Then I cut the card out with my make the cut program and my cougar.  I designed the card with lattice effect and then welded a smaller heart to the center. The white layer, heart along with the words Happy Birthday and the 81 were sprayed with Perfect Pearls mist.  Which unfortunately via the pic you cant see the shimmery shine it gave everything.
Ok, now for the actual card.
As you can see I added two ribbon bows to the top left of the card cause I thought something was still missing. The bows also have white pearl on top.  I think it came out very nice and I'm hoping she will like it too.
Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment